In accordance with the Disability Discrimination Act 1992, reasonable effort has been employed to ensure that DM Civil’s website (‘dmcivil.com.au’) is accessible to everyone.
dmcivil.com.au aims to meet the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.0 (WCAG 2.0) web standard. dmcivil.com.au is currently compliant to at least Level AA of the WCAG 2.0 standard. In many cases, the site will be compliant to Level AAA.
We are committed to enabling access for disabled persons and non-standard software and hardware, such as mobile devices, keyboard-only users, older browsers and low-bandwidth connections.
If any part of dmcivil.com.au is inaccessible to you or you are experiencing problems accessing the site for any reason, please contact us.
- All content is accessible in all major browsers, and the site will display consistently where the browser is technically capable. Support is provided in a graded fasion, where older browsers will recieve fully accessible content but a limited visual expereince. The following web browsers have been tested and content and services are accessible:
- Internet Explorer version 6 and above
- Mozilla Firefox version 4 and above
- Opera 11 and above
- Safari 4 and above
- Chrome 16 and above
- Opera Mini 7 and above
- iOS Safari 5 and above
- Android browser 3 and above
- Images are served to provide the best fit depending on your device and window size. Mobile users will have images optimised for the mobile viewing experience right the way through to users on larger screens. The W3C Network API is used to limit downloading on slow connectons.
- dmcivil.com.au can be successfully navigated with only a keyboard
- The text is scalable, allowing it to be resized in the browser window.
- The styling of this site is designed to make the content scalable to fit different screen resolutions.
- URLs are composed in a friendly format and links have meaningful link text.
- All navigation on this site is fully accessible without Javascipt, CSS or images. The navigation is accessible to screen readers and an optimised version is presented where screen width does not allow a standard menu (eg, mobile devices)
- The site is fully navigable without images enabled (although this site has significant portfolio content that simply cannot be replaced with alternative content)
- Where possible, content is provided in HTML format to be viewed on the site. Occasionally, this may not be possible and content will be linked to an off-site source or provided in PDF format.